Jul 25, 2006

Cowboy Boots and Boys

I started this post a number of days ago, but Blogger would not let me add photos. So I saved it as a draft and am finally able to post the photos. These are of DS #2 ...although each of our sons could well be in the photos! They all love the cowboy boots!
Credits:
Fonts: Doodle Cursive & Symphony
Scrapkit: Old West by Mirranda Reinhardt of Yesterday-remembered and AddictedToDigital.
Wordart by myself with CK Wrangler font.

Journaling reads: Cowboy boots and little boys....they sure seem inseparable in our family. The first pair of cowboy boots were a hand-me-down to Caleb from friends, then we found the next pair at a Goodwill in Texas while visiting Grandma & Grandpa. A really small pair was found in Oklahoma at a Salvation Army Thrift Store. Peter wore those until they were too small; we are now saving them for Sarah. The pair that you have on were a find at a garage sale. The two other larger pairs of boots have been worn out to an almost unwearable state with holes aplenty and stitching broken. Cowboy boots are a wonderful way to enter the realm of imagination and boyhood!


I found the quote when reading a small book that I picked up this summer. We sure love cowboy boots...too bad he wasn't wearing his cowboy hat at the same time....

Thanks for looking.
Audrey

No comments: